Saturday 14 July 2007

Mon premier chandail

The knitting continues.... I am now about halfway through my first jumper. So far it hasn't been too difficult but I am a little worried about the sleeves. I have what my darling husband refers to as gorilla arms. Whenever I buy a coat or a nice shirt it is often too short at the wrists. In making this jumper I'd like to avoid this problem. I have planned to alter the pattern to allow for my gorilla limbs. Hopefully I wont be stuffing up the pattern too much in the process.



So far my work seems a little big for the average size jumper. When I knitted up my swatch I "got gauge" so I don't expect any size problems, perhaps this pattern allows for a generous amount of ease. Of course I have tried it on, so to speak. I have held it up against my back to see if the arm holes are in the right place and the ribbing isn't at my knees. I guess it remains to be seen if the sizing really is right.

Bonne chance à moi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, que c'est beau!